April 10, 2014
Your Eyes and Technology: See Where We're Going
A presentation by Dr. Patricia Campbell
"Ever wonder what all those gizmos are that are used during an eye exam? Come and learn not only what they are but how they work and what they allow your eye doctor to learn about you and your health. Also come and learn what technology can offer to improve your vision now and into the future.
Topics will include common eye diseases that you have heard of but wonder what they really are and how to figure out if you have them. Be prepared to stretch your brain over a few centuries from Ben Franklin's days to Capt. Kirk."
Dr. Campbell's Bio:
- She attended the University of Waterloo School of Optometry program and graduated in 1991.
- She completed part of her clinical training at the University of California at Berkeley.
- She was previously chairman of the public education committee at the Ontario Association of Optometrists, responsible for developing the public education ads that you see on TV and in the print media.
- She has spoken to local groups in the community on behalf of several pharmaceutical companies on a variety of eye health topics.
- With her family, Dr. Campbell provided eye care to rural Jamaicans in an outreach project in October of 2013.
- Dr. Campbell is a partner in an Optometric practice in Oshawa, Ontario, and is married to an Optometrist, Dr. Dean Bennett, who practices in Courtice, Ontario.
The Club's General Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at Faith United Church, 1778 Nash Road in Courtice, 7:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Durham PC Users' Club Contacts:
Position Available - Program Director, 905-723-6797
John Sylvestervich - President, 905-723-6797
Anne Delong - Vice President 905-623-6975
Bob Bell - Publicity Director 905-571-6748