March 14, 2013
Tom Jakabfy (Past President) doing a presentation.
The executive would like input from our members as to what they would like to see presented.
Presently we are considering (in no special order)
An automotive expert to explain the number of computers in your car, and how to tune them.
- A behind the scenes look at entertainment on the Internet.
- How to download and install applications to smart phones, tablets, and E-book readers.
- OnStar - a presentation of General Motor's one button driver assistance system.
Build a computer from locally available parts, as the focus of the meeting.
- A presentation and evaluation of all the presently available smart phones on the market.
- A presentation of file recovery software, with a focus on photo file recovery from various media types.
A presentation by the Durham Regional Police Services on their forensic use of computers.
- Digital cameras - what to look for
- 10 great photo editing programs
- Printers, scanners, all-in-ones
- 9 Audio file editors and players
- 8 Video editing programs examined
- 10 neat Windows tricks
- Linux advanced
- Writing blogs
- Podcasting - everything you need to know
- Social media - Twitter, Facebook, Linked-In and more
- Laptops - the latest features
- Tax software
- New product reviews
- DVD drives - what exactly is inside?
- Video cards compared
- Sound cards - what to look for
- 11 questions to ask when buying a new PC
- The history of personal computers
- 10 anti-virus programs compared
- Memory cards - what's out there?
- Peripherals - keyboards, mice, microphones and more
Libraries - how to use them effectively from home on your PC
If any of these topics intertest you, or you have other suggestions, please contact Mark Stanisz - Program Director, 905-436-6482 or John Sylvestervich - President, 905-723-6797. With your input we can make our club stronger and more interesting.
The Club's General Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month at Faith United Church, 1778 Nash Road in Courtice, 7:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Durham PC Users' Club Contacts:
Mark Stanisz - Program Director, 905-436-6482
John Sylvestervich - President, 905-723-6797
Anne Delong - Vice President 905-623-6975
Bob Bell - Publicity Director 905-571-6748